Join us for the 17th Annual Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival!
Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco, CA
September 8-9, 2012, 12pm-5pm
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is excited to invite you to the annual, two-day chocolate celebration that has transformed into a true San Francisco staple. This year, we estimate over 40,000 in attendance over the weekend. Local vendors sample and showcase delicious treats that will delight any palate!
Come Indulge for a Cause with us!
- On The Hunt for Ghirardelli Chocolate: Participate in an exciting hunt through Ghirardelli Square and discover fun facts about San Francisco's premium chocolate company, Ghirardelli Chocolate! Solve all the clues and win a sweet treat!
- "Earthquake" Ice Cream Eating Contest: Battling each other and their own stomachs, competitors are sure to make this experience a memorable (and delicious) one. Children also compete with a smaller version of the famous Earthquake Sundae.
- Chocolate School- "From Cocoa Bean to Chocolate Bar": Come join Ghirardelli's own Head of Chocolate Making, Steve Genzoli, as he teaches "Chocolate School" and takes audience members through a tour of the delicious chocolate making process.
- Chef Demonstrations: Incorporate your products or services as local culinary professionals work their delicious magic on both Saturday and Sunday at the Culinary Stage in the West Plaza of Ghirardelli Square.
- Silent Auction to benefit Project Open Hand: Come help increase fundraising efforts for Project Open Hand by bidding on one of the fabulous chocolate, hotel, self-pampering, or restaurant prizes.
- Bake-Off: Watch the first ever Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival Bake Off featuring treats made with Ghirardelli products. Categories include: best cookie, best cake and best creative entry.
Enter to win a Ghirardelli Chocolate Weekend Getaway for Two!
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is giving away a trip for 2 to San Francisco for the 17th Annual Chocolate Festival in 2012. The winner and a guest will be flown to San Francisco, where they will enjoy hotel accommodations, a chocolate gift, tickets to the Chocolate Festival, and a sunset cruise around the Bay.
Check back May 15 to enter
$20 for 15 sample ticket, general events at no charge
With the $20 sampling tickets, guests can sample up to 15 delicacies ranging from chocolate vodka, cupcakes, drinking chocolate, to ice cream sundaes.
To purchase sampling tickets to the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival online, please click here.
*Eventbrite charges a $2.09 processing fee for all tickets purchased online
Project Open Hand
Each year, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival partners with Project Open Hand, a local organization that provides meals to the homebound critically ill, senior citizens, and those living with HIV/ AIDS. Last year, festival proceeds raised $63,000 for this cause. With your help, we plan and hope to raise even more in 2012. For more information about Project Open Hand, visit their website.
Come join our efforts to make this year an exceptional
celebration of San Francisco culture and chocolate!